2020 Y2I Application Checklist
The Morton and Lillian Waldfogel Charitable Foundation provides financial assistance for families in need to cover costs of Y2I fees. Contact Sharon Wyner (978-565-4450 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Completed forms and checks should be sent to Sharon Wyner, Lappin Foundation, 29 Congress St., Salem, MA 01970. If you have any questions, you can call Sharon at 978-565-4450 or email email@example.com.
The Lappin Foundation reserves the right to cancel the trip or change the itinerary at any time for any reason. If you have any questions, please call Deborah Coltin, Executive Director, at 978-740-4428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only completed Application Packets will be considered for acceptance to 2020 Y2I. Every applicant must submit the following by November 15, 2019:
- Registration – 2020 Youth to Israel Adventure (Y2I) Registration
- Two Letters of Recommendation – Due by November 15 (Letters of recommendation are accepted from individuals, such as teachers, coaches, counselors, or employers, who have known the applicant for at least six months. Letters from applicant’s friends or family members will not be accepted.)
- Student in Good Standing Form – Due by November 15
- Bring to Interview:
- Signed forms: Code of Conduct and Statement of Responsibility, Liability Release, Cancellation and Reimbursement Policies, and Contract
- Check for $200 non-refundable program fee made payable to Lappin Foundation
- One copy of teen’s Health Insurance Card, front and back
- Proof of Year in School (e.g. school identification, class schedule, letter from guidance counselor)
- Proof of Residency in Foundation Service Area (e.g. parent’s electric or tax bill, license)
- One clear copy of entire picture page of passport (Note: that a passport is not valid for travel to Israel if it expires on or before January 12, 2021.) If teen does not a have a passport, please apply ASAP.
Due by January 26, 2020
- Medical health form signed by doctor, dated within a year of the trip (July 2020). The form is the one that the doctor gives you that lists immunizations and is used for camp or sports. If your teen is due to have their doctor’s appointment after the due date, let Sharon know the date of the appointment at 978-565-4450 or email email@example.com.
- Check for $650 ($150 medical/travel insurance and tips and $500 refundable deposit), made payable to Lappin Foundation, mail to 29 Congress Street, Salem, MA 01970.